Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Daily Outfit: Sakura Sunday 2011

This past Sunday I got together with the (now huge!) Philly lolita groups for a meetup at Sakura Sunday at Fairmount Park.  I hadn't been to a meet-up in nearly half a year and was shocked and delighted to find that our once small group has grown to well over 25 lolitas!

The cherry trees were in perfect blossom and the weather although overcast was warm enough to be comfortable!

Sadly I seemed to got out of the practice of making sure to get everyone's photo!  Next time I will capture the cuteness better!

Some of the many cute lolitas who came.  If any of you read this blog, please if you wish leave a comment so that I can follow your blog or add you to my friend's list on LJ.

My good friends and fellow Philly lolita veterans: Kristen and Mary.  We ended up taking a bit of a jaunt  into the now amusingly "cherry blossom free woods" to take photos.  

Apparently pink and green alway seem like the right colors for a cherry blossom festival to me. 

I decided to make a pink chiffon ruffle underskirt and waist sash to make this outfit a little bit more classic rather then sweet.  I really like the versatility and more mature feeling that they add.  You can be sure that they will be popping up again with other outfits!  

I'm also thinking on doing a tutorial on them sometime soon!

It's too bad these came out rather washed out,  I had pinned a vintage pressed flower brooch to the sash and it matched the mink stole perfectly!


This outfit on my Lookbook with outfit list


So I have some recipe tutorials planned and I'm currently working on a tatted purse and will do a tutorial for it when it's done!   Have any of you tried tatting since I posted about it?  I'd love to see what you come up with.


Please let me know if there are any specific tutorials or content that you would like to see.


I hope you all had a delightful weekend

4 comments:

  1. *hurr I forgot to mention I was the one in the boater & blue skirt.

    Fantastic pics! I have to agree, it wasn't the best day-lighting for accurate colors but at least it wasn't as washed out as too much sunlight!! Tough day for taking decent pics DX

    Lovely photos though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! Nothing looks washed out to me! BTW I was the one with the blue wig and wearing the wonder cookie one piece. I hope we can get together next year!

    ReplyDelete