Monday, April 16, 2012

"The Virtuous Unicorn" colors!

I'm one step closer to the release.  The colors are done!

Unlike my previous printed lines (Victorian Cookbook and Sweet Matryoshka) I used watercolors rather then markers to do the colors.  I like the softer look it gives.

I took some (dark) photos of the print.  I'm going to take some proper scans of it, and get some photocopies done so that I can do the brown and dark blue background colors.  Then comes the editing and getting the actual fabric printed!

Yes I plan on starting the art for my next line much much sooner then I did this one!

Prudence
Justice
Temperance

Fortitude

Flora: Violet, Rose, Forget-me-not, Daisy
Lily of the Valley, Thistle, Poppy, Bluebell

Fauna: Mink, Hare, Lamb, Cockerel
Greyhound, Cat, Dove, Squirrel

I'm very excited to see how the print comes together once it's scanned and with the alternate background colors.

Next I'll preview the (current) design for the jsk, skirt, jewelry line, and accessories!  I'm really appreciating all the lovely comments I've gotten about this line so far; they really get me excited and motivated about the line.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler,
    I've always admired your designs but none were ever really my style, so never bought anything. However, I'll have to make an exception for your new print. I love the middle ages, so this is definitely a unicorn print that won't be too sweet for me to wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you do so much of the print design yourself. I'm not a lolita girl by style but the inner geek in me is jizzing at the thought of hand-drawn medieval print.

    anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete